Request for certificatesTo those who completed programs in this school, please request certificate in any of the following ways.
– Using the Convenience Store Issuance Serves(pay)
Please note that types of certificates and available users are limited, please see [証明書コンビニ発行サービスについて: The Convenience Store Issuance Serves] in advance.
– Requesting by visiting the office (week days, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Please fill in and submit [証明書発行願: Request form] to the office. The request form is also available at the office.
Please be sure to bring your valid ID card upon submitting documents.
– Requesting by post
Please read following instruction carefully.
Note: please consult us if you are currently residing outside of Japan and it is difficult to request certificates in any of the following ways.
Requesting by post(1) Request form [Click here to download]
(2) Photocopy of your valid ID card (Driver’s license card, insurance certificate etc.)
(3) Return-mail envelope Please enclose self-addressed stamped envelope.
Reference: as of December 2019
Standard-sized Envelope: Cho-kei (長形) No.3 (120mm×235mm)
– up to 25 grams 84 yen
– up to 50 grams 94 yen
Non-Standard-sized Envelope: Kaku-gata (角形) No.2 (240mm×332mm)
– up to 50 grams 120 yen
– up to 100 grams 140 yen
– up to 150 grams 210 yen
– up to 250 grams 250 yen
– Standard-sized Envelope: Cho-kei (長形) No.3: 6 grams
– Non-Standard-sized Envelope: Kaku-gata (角形) No.2: 20 grams
– Certificate: 5 grams per certificate
– For a sealed certificate, please add approximately 5 grams per envelope.
– If you wish registered/express mail, please affix sufficient stamps on the envelop and describe it at the note section in the request form.
– We generally ship certificates within Japan only; please consult us if you wish overseas shipping.
Required days (after receiving the request)– Certificates in Japanese 2-3: working days plus delivery dates
– Certificates in English: one weeks plus delivery date
* Add one more day for sealed certificate
The days stated above do not include weekend days, national holidays and year-end/new-year break and it may take longer to process depending on its timing and kind of request. Please note that the period above are merely guidelines, and give yourself plenty of time for requesting a document.
Send toStudent Affairs Division, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University 36-1
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, JAPAN
Zip code: 606-8501
Note: Please write “Request for the certificate” in red on the top of the envelop.
Requesting certificate by representativeYou can request/receive the certificate, via your representative by submitting following documents;
– Letter of attorney (written by applicants with signature, no particular format)
– Valid ID card of the representative (photocopy is acceptable)
Note: if the representative wish to receive the requested document directly at the office, his/her original valid ID card is required.
We accept requests by representative via post. Please refer to the “Requesting by post” section.
Request for certificate of Master’s/Doctoral Degree ConfermentIf you wish to have the certificate of Master’s/Doctoral Degree conferment, please direct your request to the Educational Planning Division, Education Promotion and Student Support Department.
Degree certificates (master’s, professional, and doctoral)